- The IEEE OES AUV 2020 Symposium will proceed in remote mode. AUV 2020 will feature asynchronous presentations to ensure that you can participate, regardless of the time zone you live in. Our new discounted registration pricing structure is now available.
- The arrangements for papers appearing below were updated on 27 July 2020. Full papers will not be reviewed. As the conference is remote authors who choose or are assigned to present a “poster” paper will, following review, revise their abstract for publication in the conference proceedings.
Deadline for abstract submission: Now closed
Notification for authors: August 4, 2020
Deadline for full-paper submission: September 4, 2020
Format: IEEE Conference US letter format.
Template available at: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Page limit: 6 pages, up to 2 extra pages at $100 CDN per extra page.
Authors of “poster” papers will, following review, revise their extended abstract for publication in the conference proceedings. “Posters” will be prepared for virtual delivery during the poster sessions.
Authors are to prepare a 2-page extended abstract including text between 500 and 1000 words, figures and tables. PDF files of the abstract are to be submitted via https://auv2020.veraprise.com/abstracts/. The deadline for the abstract submission was extended to June 6, 2020.
After acceptance of their abstracts, authors may be assigned, or may choose, to present their paper in a poster session (it may not be possible to meet all choices).
Full papers will not be reviewed. Full papers (or abstracts if the “poster” option is chosen) will be published in the conference proceedings to be distributed at the conference.
Based on the review of the extended abstracts and assessment of the submitted full paper and presentation during the conference, some papers may be recommended for publication in the IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering (JOE) and if this occurs, only the extended abstract will be published in the conference proceedings, the full paper would appear in the IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering (JOE).
The deadline for the submission of the final paper is September 4, 2020.
To submit your paper, please follow the steps below:
Registration is mandatory for all accepted final papers and “posters”. At least one author of each accepted paper must register and attend the conference. Please complete your registration for conference participation and pay the designated registration fee.
2. Converting manuscript into IEEE compatible PDF file
Before Creating a PDF
· Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document. If necessary, contact Andrew Vardy, Publications Chair at for the appropriate copyright notice.
· Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress ™ site. Site will open for this conference on June 15, 2020.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
· 50043X for the Conference ID
· your email address
· a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress.
If you do not find an answer in the Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab.
Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.